Your Source for Excellent Cosmetic Dental Care!
Northern Nevada Family Dental provides general and cosmetic dentistry to families in Sparks, Spanish Springs, Reno, Fernley, and Lake Tahoe. We love creating bright and healthy smiles through modern dental techniques and personalized care. Our dentists, Dr. John K. VanHorn, Dr. Kenneth D. Vaughn, and Dr. Nicolette Vial, are highly skilled experts who are dedicated to providing a gentle approach and comprehensive care.
We treat you and your family as part of our family, providing the advanced cosmetic services you deserve and a lifetime of optimal oral health. To schedule an appointment at our friendly practice, call us today!
CALL US: (775) 626-7772 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Customized Care for Beautiful Results
We tailor your treatments to ensure any existing oral health needs are addressed first. Then we work with you to develop a long-term plan for achieving the smile you’ve always wanted. Our team uses cutting-edge technology for precision diagnoses and highly effective treatments. We offer many services to improve your smile, including:
Laser Dentistry is Safe, Precise, and Convenient
At Northern Nevada Family Dental, we use the revolutionary Lightwalker system, which combines two complementary wavelengths produced by solid-state crystal sources. This laser system raises the precision, safety, and performance of many treatments to the highest level. No shots. No drills. No lingering numbness.
Not only does this technology eliminate the discomfort associated with treatment, but it also causes less bleeding and shorter healing time.
What is Lightwalker?
Anxiety regarding noisy dental instruments and invasive treatment methods often keeps patients from visiting the dentist for needed treatment, causing minor issues to become major oral health problems. Lightwalker technology uses unique wavelengths that address hard and soft tissue concerns painlessly and quietly.
Unlike conventional dental drills, laser-assisted treatment involves no friction or heat, which means no trauma to the tooth or gums. The Lightwalker beam offers excellent precision, sealing off blood vessels and sterilizing the area at the time of the procedure. As a result, there is less swelling and bleeding, as well as a reduced risk of infection once care is complete.
From cosmetics to restorative treatment, many options are improved by the inclusion of dental lasers. The following are procedures available at our Sparks practice using advanced laser treatment with Lightwalker:
- Surgical Procedures - Lightwalker can be used to make minimally-invasive, sterile incisions during cosmetic dentistry procedures or root canal therapy. It can also effectively clean complex root systems for greater long-term endodontic treatment success.
- Periodontal Disease - Laser therapy can assist with cleaning and repairing gums with less swelling, bleeding, and discomfort. We can also perform cosmetic treatments such as gum recontouring and crown lengthening.
- Fillings – In eligible cases, we use Lightwalker to prepare a tooth for a filling. The laser allows us to target and eliminate decay precisely, providing gentle relief while avoiding the need for more invasive measures. After placing the composite filling, we then use the laser to harden the restoration.
If you’ve been putting off visiting the dentist, we urge you to discuss laser dentistry options with our highly skilled team. We create a warm, welcoming environment for you and your family and use innovative technology to improve dental treatments and your overall experience.
Cosmetic Treatment Options We Offer at Our Sparks Practice
When your smile looks good, life feels better. Cosmetic dentistry encompasses multiple procedures that will improve your smile’s health and appearance. Cosmetic dentistry has advanced in recent years, making it more affordable than ever to achieve your desired smile.
- Composite fillings fill minor chips or cavities on teeth using tooth-colored resin. This material easily blends with the rest of the smile, and most treatments can be completed in one visit to our office.
- Bridges fill gaps between teeth using a dental prosthetic crafted to look like a small group of teeth. These prosthetics are secured to adjacent healthy teeth with crowns, stabilizing the prosthetic.
- Veneers alter the size, shape, and color of teeth while covering imperfections and completely modifying the most prominent teeth. By cementing a custom-designed porcelain shell over the surface of a tooth, we can address a wide range of aesthetic problems.
- Opalescence Go® Whitening uses professional-grade whitening material to lift stains gently. Our convenient take-home option is ready to use right out of the package; no need to send in impressions and wait weeks to start your treatment. Wear the gel-filled trays for the directed amount of time daily and whiten your smile quickly and safely.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
At Northern Nevada Family Dental, we use advanced CEREC (Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic) to create a stronger, natural-looking smile in just one visit. CEREC custom restorations can efficiently repair damage from decay or trauma and have you out of pain and back to your normal routine in no time.
CEREC is a device that combines a design software platform with a milling machine.
With CEREC same-day crowns you receive your crowns as soon as your tooth is ready for the prosthetic.
By creating your crown in our office, we skip the laboratory, the two-week wait, and the need for a temporary crown.
Full Function and Aesthetics with Dental Implants
At Northern Nevada Family Dental, our team of personable professionals provide you with quality dental implants. When there are missing teeth in your smile, there are a variety of aesthetically pleasing ways to fill in the gaps, but few offer the same functional benefits as dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically positioned beneath your gums and into your jaw, providing a stable base for replacement teeth. Because they fuse to your jawbone through a process called osseointegration, they effectively halt bone loss and help maintain a youthful appearance.
When you visit our Sparks practice for dental implants, our skilled dentists can place the posts and create your customized prosthetic with our CEREC machine. Depending on how many teeth you need replacing, we have a variety of restorations available in high-quality material and a shade guide to match the color and clarity of your natural teeth. For those missing only one tooth, we offer single implant crowns, and for those with multiple missing teeth, there are implant-supported dentures and bridges to complete the restoration process.
Smile Design for Complete Rejuvenation
We can rehabilitate and reconstruct your smile so that you benefit from a well-aligned bite and teeth that are bright white and healthy in appearance. We use digital technology, such as digital impressions and intraoral photography, to precisely plan your treatment. We’ll use the images of your new smile to create custom restorations, orthodontic alignment trays, and to complete any needed surgical procedures.
At Northern Nevada Family Dental, we can give you a complete smile makeover using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques. We combine a variety of procedures to restore your oral health and get you back to smiling with confidence.
Comprehensive Cosmetic Dentistry for a Healthy, Beautiful Smile
We offer cosmetic treatments to help you address specific aesthetic issues such as staining, chips, cracks, or uneven teeth. All our procedures are focused on protecting both the health and appearance of your smile. We are conveniently located on the corner of Vista Blvd and Los Altos Parkway.
With extended office hours and services available in Spanish and English, we can help you create a smile you will love for years to come. Contact our practice for an appointment today!
CALL US: (775) 626-7772 REQUEST APPOINTMENT